Saturday 20 August 2011

AG #2 - "London Bitter" mash kit

Sun May 29, 2011

I got this London Bitter mahskit free with my equipment so thought I'd better use it up. Contents unknown but I've heard good things about it.

 All done and dusted by half 3 despite a repeat of the hose popping off the chiller again ffs

This is my new setup, 4 tiers using 2 Electrim boilers to save lugging wort around the place:

Image

Grain bill unknown, as it came pre-mixed in the bag but there was 3.8kg of it. Spent grain looked like this anyway :

Image

Boiling merrily:

Image

Hop schmutz:

Image

Hit about 1042 - no idea if this is right or wrong as there's no guideline in the instructions, but guess this will go down to about 1012-1010 ?

Image

May be the lighting in the brew shed but it looked a bit lighter than I was expecting. That said it's a nice colour though:

Image

And that was that! AG#2 in the can - yeast pitched at 22'C and now sat under my dining table for 14 days (or as long as I can get away with it before SWMBO has enough of it being there:) )





No comments:

Post a Comment