Saturday 20 August 2011

AG #4 - Apache Longbow APA

Sun Aug 07, 2011

I've munged together a recipe I found online for SNPA with what I had in my cupboard to hopefully come up with something APAish.

Qbrew tells me I should expect OG of 1052 and an FG of 1013. I came in at 1050 which I am really quite pleased with as my last few have been quite a way off.

Brew length 19L

Grain
3800g Maris Otter
600g Crystal (60L)

Hops
13g Target @ 90mins
13g Cascade @ 30 mins
28g Cascade @ 10 mins (along with Irish moss)
50g Cascade @ 0 (I know, it seemed a ****load of hops to me but I thought I'd go with it as per this recipe I found)

Yeast I used was Safale US-05

Post boil hopping is not something I've done before  so I did what I had look on The Home Brew Forum for the post boil hops, which said to chill to 80'C, pop the hops in for 20 mins, then chill down the rest of the way. Not sure how it will turn out but it currently smells great ! :D

In all a thoroughly enjoyable brew day. No pics unfortunately as my camera batteries needed charging but here's one of the yeast that's got going already:

Image

Some additional pics of this one in the bottle. Still very cloudy but hopefully only a result of the priming DME.







No comments:

Post a Comment